J. Polep drivers provide delivery service, bringing product into the stores, institutions, schools, hospitals, colleges and other retail establishments that sell the products we offer. Product is floor loaded in the trucks and drivers usually deliver through customer’s front door using a 2-wheel hand truck.
Drivers generally work 4-5 days per week, 10-13 hours per day. A typical route would have 15-20 deliveries and 300-500 “bundles” (delivery units, which include full cases of products, plastic totes; dry, frozen and cooler product). Drivers may be responsible for collections and returns.
• Execute assigned duties in a safe manner. Drive, lift, and deliver in a way to not cause harm or loss to yourself, the products or equipment in your charge, or others you come in contact with. Comply with all DOT regulations.
• Execute assigned duties in an accurate manner. Ensure that orders are delivered to the correct customer and are complete. Collect payments in the manner and amount required. Maintain correct paperwork.
• Execute assigned duties in an efficient and timely manner. Complete all assignments within the proscribed time allowed.
• Execute assigned duties in a customer friendly manner. Drivers must interact with a variety of customers and be able to complete the delivery to the complete satisfaction of the customer. Customer Service is of the utmost importance.
• Deliver dry, refrigerated and frozen products to convenience stores, gas stations and other retail establishments. Products are floor loaded and delivery is made using a hand truck.
• Service accounts by collecting returns, refusals and empty containers.
• Collect funds as required.
• Operate a Class A Tractor/Trailer combination or straight truck safely and in compliance with DOT and state regulations.
• Communicate with support staff on any issues of delivery, product or collection.
• Utilize on-board computer for management of driver logs, deliveries, and communications.
• Class A Commercial Drivers License and current DOT medical card (REQUIRED) with clean driving record.
• Excellent driving, delivery and customer service skills.
• Effective communication and organizational skills.
• Able to work independently.
• Knowledge of DOT regulations
• Able to lift packages up to 50 lbs and make deliveries with a hand-truck.
• Comfortable working with customers as well as sales, accounting and other departments.
• Hourly Pay – Get paid for the hours you work, not the miles you drive
• Local, regular runs
• Nights and Weekends off
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Safety Bonus
• Life Insurance/Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off Check out our video!